Despite our best efforts, sometimes things don't go right every time. We would always want to hear from patients if they feeling something has gone wrong. This allows us to try to put things right, and change policies to make our services better for others in the future.


Informal complaints

Something has gone wrong, you think we need to know. But maybe you don't want to "kick up a fuss". Or you don't want to write formally.....

We still want to hear from you.

Please ring our reception on 01274 567991 and ask for Jackie our Office Manager or Vanessa our Practice Manager .

Complaint procedure


If you have any complaints or concerns about the service that you have received from your Practice or any of the staff working here, please let us know.  We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  


Complaints should be made:

Within 12 months of the matter which caused the problem; or 
Within 12 months of becoming aware you have something to complain about.

Vanessa Allen Practice Manager will be pleased to deal with any concern or complaint either by telephone or in writing.  She will explain the procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.   It would be helpful if you can give us specific details of what you feel went wrong and what outcome you would like.

Please use the usual phone or address for the surgery to contact Vanessa:

Springfield Surgery, Canalside Health Care Centre, 2 Kingsway, Bingley BD16 4RP

01274 567991


What we will do:

We shall endeavour to deal with your complaint as quickly as possible and will discuss your concerns and agree the way forward with you.  We will investigate your complaint and aim to provide you with our findings within a time frame agreed with you.


When we investigate your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • find out what happened and what went wrong
  • make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would find this helpful
  • make sure you receive an apology, where appropriate
  • identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn't happen again.

At the end of the investigation your complaint will be discussed with you in detail, either in person or in writing.


Complaining on behalf of someone else:

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we must know that you have his
or her permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.


What you can do next:

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and the opportunity to improve our practice.  


Complaining to Integrated Care Board (ICB) :

If you do not feel able to raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can contact the Integrated Care Board in the first instance.  Their officers will be able to help and advise you and/or arrange for a member of the complaints staff to contact you.

Their contact number is 01924 552 150 and their website address is:-

Postal address:- Complaints Team, West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board, White Rose House West Parade, Wakefield WF1 1LT



Complaining to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)

If you wish to make a complaint about the use of your personal information please contact:- Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.  Their contact number is:- 0303 123 1113.




Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO):

If you remain dissatisfied, you can approach the PHSO with your complaint.  This should be done within 12 months of the final outcome of the practice complaints procedure.  You can contact the PHSO at:- Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP or telephone:- 0345 015 4033.




Independent help and support

You may also like to contact ICAS, the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service who can offer you independent help and advice in making a complaint. 

The local telephone number to contact is:- 01274 770118.